Sewing

Pink Floral Pajama Pants

After taking a short break from sewing projects, I decided I needed a quick and easy project to get my creativity going.  When Fabricville came out with their spring and summer fabrics, I had my eye on some pretty lightweight cotton fabrics they had.  When I noticed they were having a sale for 50% off, I decided to pick up 3 meters of a pink floral cotton.  I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to make out of it, but I was going to make something.

Initially, I thought the fabric would be perfect for a skirt, but after looking through patterns, I settled on a Burda pants/shorts pattern (6735), with the intention of making a pair of pajama/lounge pants.  I figured this would be a nice and easy project, and it would give me my first experience making pants.

With a day off from work, I laid out the pattern on my dining room table and traced the pant pattern using Burda tracing paper.  Once I had my tracing paper pattern cut out, I pinned it to my fabric and began to cut.  This turned out to be the longest part of this project, as it took me no time to follow the instructions and sew the fabric pieces together.

While the finished pants look boxy and shapeless, they actually fit pretty good.  They are fitted to my hips, and flow loosely to the floor.

The best part of this project, besides being able to do it in one day, is that I have a pair of lounge pants that fit my height, as I am only 5′, and flowy pants tend to pool at my feet.

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: